Alan McKay 06-21-2012 04:54 PM

official linux raid mailing list?

Hey folks,

Google seems to bring up a few things and I was wondering if there
might be an official mailing list for linux RAID?

thanks,
-Alan

* * * ** - Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"

Clifford Trueman 06-21-2012 05:49 PM

official linux raid mailing list?

Not aware of any lists for just RAID configurations - I'm sure most disk,
filesystem or raid questions can be asked in general.

Stephan van Hienen 06-21-2012 05:52 PM

official linux raid mailing list?

https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid

Stephan

Keith Keller 06-21-2012 05:54 PM

On 2012-06-21, Alan McKay <alan.mckay@gmail.com> wrote:

> Google seems to bring up a few things and I was wondering if there
> might be an official mailing list for linux RAID?

If you are talking specifically about linux md RAID, the official list
is here:

http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-raid

It's an excellent list for questions about md RAID. I don't think
specific discussion of hardware RAID drivers is on-topic there, but
it comes up in passing every so often. The Gmane newsgroup is
gmane.linux.raid IIRC.

--keith

--
kkeller@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us

Alan McKay 06-21-2012 06:09 PM

official linux raid mailing list?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Keith Keller
<kkeller@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:
> If you are talking specifically about linux md RAID, the official list
> is here:
>
> http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-raid

yes that is exactly what i was looking for - thanks!

* * * ** - Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"