Old 06-18-2012, 09:55 AM
jiten jha

Default Configure KVM

Dear Friends,

How to configure KVM in centos 5.6. Can you send me documentation with all
configuration and process.

--
Regards
Jitendra Jha

Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Jason Wee

Hello Jitendra, if you google, you might find many links that help you in
your situation. But from you description, it seem like you have no clue
where to start? You probably want to use this link as reference
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-a-centos-5.2-server .
Note, use as a *reference* for your situation on Centos 5.6, you might hit
blocks here and there but that is where the learning begin. Good luck.

Jason

Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 PM
jiten jha

Hello Jason i used that link but when i follow the process then it is
showing that " yum install kvm kmod-kvm qemu libvirt python-virtinst " this
software is not in centos repo .

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Jason Wee <peichieh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jitendra, if you google, you might find many links that help you in
> your situation. But from you description, it seem like you have no clue
> where to start? You probably want to use this link as reference
> http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-a-centos-5.2-server .
> Note, use as a *reference* for your situation on Centos 5.6, you might hit
> blocks here and there but that is where the learning begin. Good luck.
>
> Jason
>
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM, jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Dear Friends,
> >
> > How to configure KVM in centos 5.6. Can you send me documentation with
> all
> > configuration and process.
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Jitendra Jha

Regards
Jitendra Jha
Linux System Administrator

Old 06-18-2012, 12:45 PM
James Hogarth

On Jun 18, 2012 1:14 PM, "jiten jha" <jitenjha11@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jason i used that link but when i follow the process then it is
> showing that " yum install kvm kmod-kvm qemu libvirt python-virtinst "
this
> software is not in centos repo .

Read the virtualization documentation on docs.red hat.com - it's far better
than the how to stuff.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:49 PM
John Doe

From: jiten jha <jitenjha11@googlemail.com>
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Jason Wee <peichieh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Jitendra, if you google, you might find many links that help you in
>> your situation. But from you description, it seem like you have no clue
>> where to start? You probably want to use this link as reference
>> http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-kvm-on-a-centos-5.2-server .
>> Note, use as a *reference* for your situation on Centos 5.6, you might hit
>> blocks here and there but that is where the learning begin. Good luck.
> Hello Jason i used that link but when i follow the process then it is
> showing that " yum install kvm kmod-kvm qemu libvirt python-virtinst "
> this software is not in centos repo .

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/KVM

JD