Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
"James B. Byrne"

Default postfix and upstart

Postfix on CentOS-6.2 evidently does not use upstart style
configurations. The author evidently has no plans on altering
Postfix's structure to accommodate upstart any time soon, if ever
(http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/postfix-users/message/274670).
Thus Postfix starts and stops using a sysvinit style script.

Nonetheless, I have an upstart configuration that I wish to be
dependent upon Postfix start and stop events. Is anyone here aware of
some straight forward way of accomplishing this?

I am considering placing initctl emit statements into the sPostfix
script. Before I go down that rabbit hole I would like to know if
there is any other way provided by CentOS handling startup and
shutdown dependencies between the two forms of scripts.

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241