Old 05-30-2012, 04:45 AM
Nataraj

Default LVM superblock version

Is there an lvm command to print out any kind of version information for
the LVM superblock, similar to what "mdmadmin -E" does for raid.

How can I tell whether a mountable device with LVMs on it can be safely
moved between CentOS 5 and CentOS 6 and/or potentially other Linux
distributions? I know that that CentOS 6 supports 'lvconvert -merge'.
Is this implementation purely in the lvm software or does it require a
different superblock? Can I take an LVM setup created under CentOS 6
and read it on a CentOS 5 system?

Thanks,
Nataraj