Old 05-29-2012, 05:59 AM
Jesus del Valle

Default CentOS 4.8 to 4.9

Hi. Somebody in the Spanish CentOS mailing list is asking how to move from
CentOS 4.8 to 4.9. He cannot upgrade to 5 or 6 at this moment. Any Hints /
Howto? I would pass the translated answer to the Sp. list.
Thanks & Regards,
Jesus

Old 05-29-2012, 08:38 AM
Giles Coochey

Hi. Somebody in the Spanish CentOS mailing list is asking how to move from
CentOS 4.8 to 4.9. He cannot upgrade to 5 or 6 at this moment. Any Hints /
Howto? I would pass the translated answer to the Sp. list.
Thanks& Regards,
Jesus
updates?

Giles Coochey, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd
+44 (0) 7983 877438
http://www.coochey.net
http://www.netsecspec.co.uk
giles@coochey.net

Old 05-29-2012, 08:57 AM
David Hrbáč

Dne 29.5.2012 10:38, Giles Coochey napsal(a):
> Can he not use http://vault.centos.org/4.9/updates/ as a repository
> for updates?

Yes, he can, see
http://www.hrbac.cz/2012/04/sed-oneliner-to-change-centos-4-repos-to-vault-centos-org/
DH

Old 05-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Jesus del Valle

David Hrbáč <david-lists@hrbac.cz> wrote:

> Dne 29.5.2012 10:38, Giles Coochey napsal(a):
> > Can he not use http://vault.centos.org/4.9/updates/ as a repository
> > for updates?
>
> Yes, he can, see
>
> http://www.hrbac.cz/2012/04/sed-oneliner-to-change-centos-4-repos-to-vault-centos-org/
> DH

Hi Giles & David, thanks for your comments, I passed them to the Spanish
list.
Regards,
Jesus

Old 05-30-2012, 02:58 PM
Leonard den Ottolander

Hello Jesus,

On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 07:59 +0200, Jesus del Valle wrote:
> Hi. Somebody in the Spanish CentOS mailing list is asking how to move from
> CentOS 4.8 to 4.9. He cannot upgrade to 5 or 6 at this moment.

Is that person aware that CentOS-4 is EOL and will not receive any more
(security) updates?
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2012-February/018462.html

Regards,
Leonard.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Jesus del Valle

> Is that person aware that CentOS-4 is EOL and will not receive any more
> (security) updates?
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2012-February/018462.html

Hello Leonard,
Yes he is aware of EOL.