Old 05-29-2012, 01:03 AM
"Muhammad A. Fatahna"

Default Ask password when booting Web Server

Hi All,

i have a problem after install SSL on Apache, when the installation is
well and no problem, if access domain which include SSL, (below)

https://centos.co.id and https://centos.org

it's work, the real problem when restart my computer (apache), when
restart on process ask for password RSA when booting CentOS 5.5, more
details can see in picture

http://s16.postimage.org/4lnhhprkl/passwd_centos.png

How do past this password, because if type manual this computer can't
finish booting.
i am sorry speak english is't very bad

Thank You
--
http://mafatahna.web.id
@mafatahna

Old 05-29-2012, 01:06 AM
Digimer

On 05/28/2012 09:03 PM, Muhammad A. Fatahna wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i have a problem after install SSL on Apache, when the installation is
> well and no problem, if access domain which include SSL, (below)
>
> https://centos.co.id and https://centos.org
>
> it's work, the real problem when restart my computer (apache), when
> restart on process ask for password RSA when booting CentOS 5.5, more
> details can see in picture
>
> http://s16.postimage.org/4lnhhprkl/passwd_centos.png
>
> How do past this password, because if type manual this computer can't
> finish booting.
> i am sorry speak english is't very bad
>
> Thank You

You have a pass-phrase-encoded SSL cert. I do the same, and solve the
boot problem by taking apache out of the list of start programs. It just
means you have to manually start apache post-boot so that you can enter
the pass-phrase.

This was done by whomever created your server's SSL cert. If you want to
remove the pass-phrase, speak to that person.

--
Digimer

Old 05-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Eero Volotinen

2012/5/29 Muhammad A. Fatahna <mafatahna@gmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> i have a problem after install SSL on Apache, when the installation is
> well and no problem, if access domain which include SSL, (below)
>
> https://centos.co.id and https://centos.org
>
> it's work, the real problem when restart my computer (apache), when
> restart on process ask for password RSA when booting CentOS 5.5, more
> details can see in picture
>
> http://s16.postimage.org/4lnhhprkl/passwd_centos.png
>
> How do past this password, because if type manual this computer can't
> finish booting.
> i am sorry speak english is't very bad

Just remove password from private key :
http://linuxsysadminblog.com/2009/03/remove-passphrase-from-private-key/

--
Eero

Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Alexander Dalloz

Am 29.05.2012 03:14, schrieb Eero Volotinen:
> 2012/5/29 Muhammad A. Fatahna <mafatahna@gmail.com>:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> i have a problem after install SSL on Apache, when the installation is
>> well and no problem, if access domain which include SSL, (below)
>>
>> https://centos.co.id and https://centos.org
>>
>> it's work, the real problem when restart my computer (apache), when
>> restart on process ask for password RSA when booting CentOS 5.5, more
>> details can see in picture
>>
>> http://s16.postimage.org/4lnhhprkl/passwd_centos.png
>>
>> How do past this password, because if type manual this computer can't
>> finish booting.
>> i am sorry speak english is't very bad
>
> Just remove password from private key :
> http://linuxsysadminblog.com/2009/03/remove-passphrase-from-private-key/

It is even documented on the apache project website for ages

https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#removepassphrase

> Eero

Alexander

Old 05-30-2012, 12:23 AM
"Muhammad A. Fatahna"

> It is even documented on the apache project website for ages
>
> https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#removepassphrase
Thank's you very much about your respon,, this my problem is solved. i
use options
thanks digimer
--
http://mafatahna.web.id