-   -   mcelog SELinux errors (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/671865-mcelog-selinux-errors.html)

"James B. Byrne" 05-28-2012 02:24 PM

mcelog SELinux errors

Prowling around in the system logs this morning I discover the
following entries:

May 27 09:48:27 vhost01 mcelog: Cannot open logfile /var/log/mcelog:
Permission
denied
May 27 09:48:27 vhost01 mcelog: failed to prefill DIMM database from
DMI data
May 27 09:48:27 vhost01 mcelog: Cannot bind to client unix socket
`/var/run/mcel
og-client': Permission denied

and later:

vhost01 setroubleshoot: SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/mcelog from
write access on the directory /var/run. For complete SELinux messages.
run sealert -l 548d9d71-bac3-41eb-aa30-9b40e3f2a324

sealert -l 548d9d71-bac3-41eb-aa30-9b40e3f2a324
SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/mcelog from write access on the
directory /var/run.

***** Plugin catchall (100. confidence) suggests
***************************

If you believe that mcelog should be allowed write access on the run
directory by default.
Then you should report this as a bug.
You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
Do allow this access for now by executing:
# grep mcelog /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M mypol
# semodule -i mypol.pp

This seems to my mind a bug either with the distributed SELinux
policies or the software itself or somehow something has become very,
very misconfigured. However, an semodule -l does not reveal any local
policies installed on this server, so whatever is wrong it does not
seem likely that the cause was a local modification.

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241