Old 05-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Alexander Farber

Default CentOS 6.2: suspending vim with ctrl-z and resuming with fg - stopped working

Hello,

pardon my chaotic question, but does anybody have an idea,
why can't I suspend vim-enhanced-7.2.411-1.6.el6.x86_64
with a CTRL-Z, then execute few commands at my bash prompt
and then get back to the vim session again with "fg"?

It has stopped working at my CentOS 6.2 machine (I haven't
noticed exactly when) but works fine with CentOS 5.x.

I'm using PuTTY to login to both. The error message I get is:

afarber@www:~> fg
sudo vim test.pl
~
[1]+ Stopped sudo vim test.pl