-   -   Third party repo differences (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/671049-third-party-repo-differences.html)

Les Mikesell 05-25-2012 04:43 PM

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:
> From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey@BUC.com>
>
>> On a related note, I have a server that is using both the epel and
>> rpmforge repos.* Is there a way to determine which packages came from
>> which repo?
>
> You could try something like this:
> * rpm -qa --qf "%-30{NAME}%{VENDOR}
"

In 6.x, yum keeps track of where packages were installed from.
yum history packages-info packagename(s)
will show that among other things. There might be a better way to get
the whole list.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Jesus del Valle 05-25-2012 04:49 PM

"

> In 6.x, yum keeps track of where packages were installed from.
> yum history packages-info packagename(s)

Hi. From http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=240877
yum list installed | grep repositoryname
Regards,
Jesus

Bowie Bailey 05-25-2012 05:00 PM

On 5/25/2012 12:43 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM, John Doe <jdmls@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey@BUC.com>
>>
>>> On a related note, I have a server that is using both the epel and
>>> rpmforge repos. Is there a way to determine which packages came from
>>> which repo?
>> You could try something like this:
>> rpm -qa --qf "%-30{NAME}%{VENDOR}
"

That looks interesting. I see four vendor names listed.

CentOS
Dag Apt Repository
Fedora Project
(none)

Is "Fedora Project" EPEL?

> In 6.x, yum keeps track of where packages were installed from.
> yum history packages-info packagename(s)
> will show that among other things. There might be a better way to get
> the whole list.

Unfortunately, this is an older system that I am trying to rebuild as
CentOS 6.

--
Bowie

Phil Schaffner 05-25-2012 06:57 PM

Bowie Bailey wrote on 05/25/2012 01:00 PM:
> Is "Fedora Project" EPEL?
Yes.

Phil