Old 05-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Frank Cox

Default Force permissions by directory

Is there a way to force file permissions by directory (and subdirectories
under it)?

For example, the user's default umask value is 022 but I want it to be 002 in
certain directories.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg

Frank Cox wrote:
> Is there a way to force file permissions by directory (and subdirectories
> under it)?
>
> For example, the user's default umask value is 022 but I want it to be 002 in
> certain directories.

I have cronjobs like this to regularly give group read permissions (and
x for dirs) on /some/dir and all it's subdirs:

/usr/bin/find /some/dir -xdev ! -perm -g+r -print -exec chmod g+r {} +

/usr/bin/find /some/dir -xdev -type d ! -perm -g+x -print -exec chmod
g+x {} +

hth