Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Bowie Bailey

Default Third party repo differences

On 5/24/2012 8:00 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> I'll step out on a limb here and generalize somewhat; I would think that most CentOS users use at least one third-party repository, if the traffic on this list is any indication (and, again, I reserve the right to be wrong). So knowing how to properly determine how to use those repos (which was the OP's question, after all) is very useful indeed, IMO.

On a related note, I have a server that is using both the epel and
rpmforge repos. Is there a way to determine which packages came from
which repo?

The rpmforge ones are fairly easy:

$ rpm -qa | grep '.rf$'

but epel doesn't use the repotag, so I'm not sure how to do it.

Any suggestions?

--
Bowie

Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 PM
John Doe

From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey@BUC.com>

> On a related note, I have a server that is using both the epel and
> rpmforge repos.* Is there a way to determine which packages came from
> which repo?

You could try something like this:
* rpm -qa --qf "%-30{NAME}%{VENDOR}
"