-   -   Dedup FS on 5.8 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/670982-dedup-fs-5-8-a.html)

Alan McKay 05-25-2012 02:19 PM

Dedup FS on 5.8

Hey folks,

I have a 14TB disk array that I want to use for rsnapshot backups, and
am considering putting a dedup FS onto it. I know I've got about a TB
of duplication, at least. And it is not easy to remove manually.

Google lands me LessFS and SDFS as the prime candidates.

thanks,
-Alan

* * * ** - Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"

Alan McKay 05-25-2012 02:20 PM

Dedup FS on 5.8

Whoops, sorry - looking for opinions and personal experiences

* * * ** - Michael Pollan, author of "In Defense of Food"