Old 05-25-2012, 01:16 AM
Jeff Sadino

Default Installing CIFS on CentOS4

Hello,

I have a CentOS4 install and I am trying to mount a Windows Server 2008
folder. When I use this command:
mount -t cifs //10.1.1.17/Org/MR Ops/ test, it only mounts the Org folder.
When I try the same thing on a newer computer (Fedora 15), it mounts all
the way to MR Ops. So I am pretty sure that my cifs file needs to be
updated, but I am having a really hard time doing this. I updated to the
newest cif available for CentOS 4.9, but that still is not new enough. Can
anyone tell me how to install the newer cifs on my CentOS 4?

Thank you,
Jeff Sadino

Old 05-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Benjamin Hackl

Dear Jeff,

On Thu, 24 May 2012 15:16:13 -1000
Jeff Sadino <jsadino.queens@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a CentOS4 install and I am trying to mount a Windows Server
> 2008 folder. When I use this command:

You can try the sernet samba repositories.

http://www.sernet.de/en/
http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/3.6/centos/4/sernet-samba.repo

There are packages for various samba versions.

Brgds

--
Freundliche Gruesse/Best Regards
Benjamin Hackl