Old 05-22-2012, 03:09 AM
Rob Kampen

Default 200 Stream not found errors in flash player and firefox

Hi List,
I have been getting the above errors for the last few months and
extensive google foo has been less than conclusive - but indicates that
the requesting flash player is somehow putting the wrong url content
into the request.

After I recently did a yum update on my wife's laptop she too started
getting these errors. She has an old sony laptop running 5.8 and other
than this error on various streaming tv links it is working just fine.
Needless to say, she is less than thrilled with my IT skills at this
point as she can no longer watch her favourite TV programs.

So I decided to try and track down the problem on my own machine (CentOS
6.2) where yumex allows you to see and load older versions of a package.
I started with a downgrade (and then a 2nd one .... and then the 5th
one) of libflashplayer.so - fortunately rpmforge has older versions.
Going right back to a 10.x version did not fix the problem. Thus I guess
it is a firefox / xulrunner problem, however I am not happy to go back
too many versions here as the exploit potential is much higher.

Then I tried konqueror with flash enabled and guess what - no problems
with any of the links that fail under firefox / libflashplayer.

So my question to the list members - does anyone else have this problem
with flash under firefox?? What do I do to fix it?
TIA
Rob

Old 05-23-2012, 11:38 AM
ken

Rob, what are you doing to get the error message? I.e., what command or
application are you invoking and where does the "200 Stream...." error
appear?

I've been having problems with flashplayer also-- for a long time and
over many upgrades. When, using firefox, I visit a site which invokes
flashplayer, the cpu load begins to increase.... it can go from 0.4 to
6.8. If I then close the tab to that site, the cpu load goes back down
to where it was. I've talked with friends who use Mac OS X and Windows
and they both experience similar problems with flashplayer, so I always
assumed it was something in flash.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Rob Kampen

On 05/23/2012 11:38 PM, ken wrote:
> Rob, what are you doing to get the error message? I.e., what command or
> application are you invoking and where does the "200 Stream...." error
> appear?
It appears in the middle of the flash player screen (black at this point
as it is trying to load the stream)
> I've been having problems with flashplayer also-- for a long time and
> over many upgrades. When, using firefox, I visit a site which invokes
> flashplayer, the cpu load begins to increase.... it can go from 0.4 to
> 6.8. If I then close the tab to that site, the cpu load goes back down
> to where it was. I've talked with friends who use Mac OS X and Windows
> and they both experience similar problems with flashplayer, so I always
> assumed it was something in flash.
Yes, flash player appears to have some nasty bits - maybe this is
another reason why Apple / Steve Jobs was so anti flash on the iPhone.
I am now using Konqueror with flowplayer - this is a java / flash
incarnation that seems to work fine.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:36 PM
ken

On 05/23/2012 08:08 PM Rob Kampen wrote:
> On 05/23/2012 11:38 PM, ken wrote:
>> Rob, what are you doing to get the error message? I.e., what command or
>> application are you invoking and where does the "200 Stream...." error
>> appear?
> It appears in the middle of the flash player screen (black at this point
> as it is trying to load the stream)

Hmmm. I never got that. Perhaps I killed flash before it ever got to
that. Or perhaps it's part of the code tangle that the error message
never came up.

>> I've been having problems with flashplayer also-- for a long time and
>> over many upgrades. When, using firefox, I visit a site which invokes
>> flashplayer, the cpu load begins to increase.... it can go from 0.4 to
>> 6.8. If I then close the tab to that site, the cpu load goes back down
>> to where it was. I've talked with friends who use Mac OS X and Windows
>> and they both experience similar problems with flashplayer, so I always
>> assumed it was something in flash.
> Yes, flash player appears to have some nasty bits - maybe this is
> another reason why Apple / Steve Jobs was so anti flash on the iPhone.
> I am now using Konqueror with flowplayer - this is a java / flash
> incarnation that seems to work fine.

Rob, thanks for the tips. I'll give those a try.