Old 05-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Markus Falb

Default rpm user and groups

Hi!
This is a rpm question.
For example, mysql-server is adding mysql user with uid 27
Is this something I can ask the rpm db?

It seems not, because something like the following seems to give me no
useful information regarding users or uids

$ rpm -qa --provides|grep mysql

I would like to ask: what package would install uid XXX. How? Not possible?
--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb

Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 PM
John R Pierce

On 05/21/12 1:51 PM, Markus Falb wrote:
> This is a rpm question.
> For example, mysql-server is adding mysql user with uid 27
> Is this something I can ask the rpm db?
>
> It seems not, because something like the following seems to give me no
> useful information regarding users or uids
>
> $ rpm -qa --provides|grep mysql
>
> I would like to ask: what package would install uid XXX. How? Not possible?

afaik, its done by shell scripts that are embedded in the package and
run before or after the files in the package are copied.

so, there's no real way to do it, short of querying all those
preinstall/postinstall scripts and somehow parsing them for useradd type
commands.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

Old 05-22-2012, 10:20 AM
John Doe

From: Markus Falb <markus.falb@fasel.at>

>For example, mysql-server is adding mysql user with uid 27
>Is this something I can ask the rpm db?

rpm -qa | sort | while read PKG; do echo $PKG; rpm -q --scripts $PKG | grep -- "-u 27"; done

JD