Old 04-09-2008, 04:47 PM
"Akemi Yagi"

Default rpmbuild and new specfile

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:

> >You don't. You do "rpmbuild -ba <new specfile>"
> >
> >Regards,
> >Tim
>
> Hi,
> I read that, but I assumed it required the source to be unpacked. I tried it and I recieved the following error while trying to compile xen 3.2 srpm under CentOS 5.1x64:
>
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.42788 (%build)

May I ask one question? If you do not edit the spec file and run the
same rpmbuild -ba command against the original spec, would it build
without errors?

Akemi

Old 04-09-2008, 05:05 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>May I ask one question? If you do not edit the spec file and run the
>same rpmbuild -ba command against the original spec, would it build
>without errors?
>
>Akemi

Good question It does need an edit though to build regardless under x64 so I would assume the build would simply error out on the hvm related issue. It worked and I have rpms now!

jlc