Old 05-21-2012, 03:57 PM
"Shiv. NK"

Default Bind Died CentOS 6.2 64Bit

Dear all,

bind cannot load zone files, i see the following in the log for all domains.

i have tried with 777 to all zone files but does not make difference. main
directories are also owned by named:named

May 21 15:45:23 nsfo1 named-sdb[2482]: zone dot.com.gh/IN: loading from
master file master/db.gh.com.dot failed: permission denied

help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Old 05-21-2012, 04:52 PM
bob

On 5/21/2012 11:57 AM, Shiv. NK wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> bind cannot load zone files, i see the following in the log for all domains.
>
> i have tried with 777 to all zone files but does not make difference. main
> directories are also owned by named:named
>

> May 21 15:45:23 nsfo1 named-sdb[2482]: zone dot.com.gh/IN: loading from
> master file master/db.gh.com.dot failed: permission denied
>
> help would be very much appreciated
>
> Thanks

are you using chroot-bind?
are you placing the files in /var/named/ or somewhere else?
I would not change the permissions from the way they are set by the program.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:05 PM
aurfalien

On May 21, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Shiv. NK wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> bind cannot load zone files, i see the following in the log for all domains.
>
> i have tried with 777 to all zone files but does not make difference. main
> directories are also owned by named:named
>

> May 21 15:45:23 nsfo1 named-sdb[2482]: zone dot.com.gh/IN: loading from
> master file master/db.gh.com.dot failed: permission denied
>
> help would be very much appreciated
>
> Thanks

Hi,

Ensure proper UGO, needs to be named and 640.

HTH.

- aurf

Old 05-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Blake Hudson

aurfalien wrote the following on 5/21/2012 12:05 PM:
> On May 21, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Shiv. NK wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> bind cannot load zone files, i see the following in the log for all domains.
>>
>> i have tried with 777 to all zone files but does not make difference. main
>> directories are also owned by named:named
>>

>> May 21 15:45:23 nsfo1 named-sdb[2482]: zone dot.com.gh/IN: loading from
>> master file master/db.gh.com.dot failed: permission denied
>>
>> help would be very much appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
> Hi,
>
> Ensure proper UGO, needs to be named and 640.

If selinux is in "Enforcing" mode (getenforce command). You also need to
check the context of the files (ls -Z). I believe the proper context is
"system_ubject_r:named_zone_t". The zone files I have are owned by
root.named and 640.

--Blake

Old 05-21-2012, 06:45 PM

aurfalien wrote:
> On May 21, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Shiv. NK wrote:
>>
>> bind cannot load zone files, i see the following in the log for all
>> domains.
>>
>> i have tried with 777 to all zone files but does not make difference.
>> main directories are also owned by named:named
>>
>> May 21 15:45:23 nsfo1 named-sdb[2482]: zone dot.com.gh/IN: loading from
>> master file master/db.gh.com.dot failed: permission denied
>>
> Ensure proper UGO, needs to be named and 640.

Is selinux running?

mark

Old 05-22-2012, 07:29 AM
"Shiv. NK"

> aurfalien wrote:
>> On May 21, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Shiv. NK wrote:
>>>
>>> bind cannot load zone files, i see the following in the log for all
>>> domains.
>>>
>>> i have tried with 777 to all zone files but does not make difference.
>>> main directories are also owned by named:named
>>>
>>> May 21 15:45:23 nsfo1 named-sdb[2482]: zone dot.com.gh/IN: loading from
>>> master file master/db.gh.com.dot failed: permission denied
>>>
>> Ensure proper UGO, needs to be named and 640.
>
> Is selinux running?
>
> mark

Dear List Members,

i thank to everyone who responded to this message.
Selinux is already disabled. i cannot understand why bind cannot read the
files once it has read permission.

Thanks / Regards

Old 05-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Steven Tardy

On 05/21/2012 10:57 AM, Shiv. NK wrote:
> bind cannot load zone files, i see the following in the log for all domains.
>
> i have tried with 777 to all zone files but does not make difference. main
> directories are also owned by named:named
>

> May 21 15:45:23 nsfo1 named-sdb[2482]: zone dot.com.gh/IN: loading from
> master file master/db.gh.com.dot failed: permission denied

where is zone file db.gh.com.dot?
show the output of:
/etc/init.d/named configtest
ls -lZ /var/named
ls -lZ /var/named/chroot/var/named
ls -lZ /var/named/master
ls -lZ /var/named/chroot/var/named/master