Old 04-09-2008, 03:30 PM
"Tim Verhoeven"

Default rpmbuild and new specfile

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
> After extracting the spec file out an srpm and editing it, how does one execute $rpmbuild --rebuild package.srpm and use the new spec file as a non-root user inside a home dir build root?

You don't. You do "rpmbuild -ba <new specfile>"

Regards,
Tim

(Linus Torvalds)

Old 04-09-2008, 04:27 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>You don't. You do "rpmbuild -ba <new specfile>"
>
>Regards,
>Tim

Hi,
I read that, but I assumed it required the source to be unpacked. I tried it and I recieved the following error while trying to compile xen 3.2 srpm under CentOS 5.1x64:

Cleaning out the /var/tmp dir fixed it? Is that normal/fluke?

Thanks!
jlc