Old 05-18-2012, 07:02 AM
John Blaut

Default oVirt on CentOS 6

Hi

Are there any future plans for CentOS to build and directly provide oVirt
packages compatible with CentOS 6?
If not, has anyone tried the packages available at
http://www.dreyou.org/ovirt/ and would these be considered fit for a
CentOS-based oVirt production setup?

I've heard many great things about oVirt. However I would prefer to use a
CentOS-based solution in a production environment rather than Fedora.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Claudio Ceballos Paz

I 've experimentes a little with OVirt and CentOS. The dreyou packages
works very well. My problems were the others dependencies. In the CentOS
repos are older than OVirt requires. I needed to compile my own packages,
Such as hbsql.
I change to fedora 16 in production until CenOS repos are ready, and worked
well so far.
Greetings.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Karanbir Singh

Hi Guys,

On 05/30/2012 02:45 PM, Claudio Ceballos Paz wrote:
>> I've heard many great things about oVirt. However I would prefer to use a
>> CentOS-based solution in a production environment rather than Fedora.

I'm working on getting a shared buildsys resource together to try and
get a working ovirt stack on CentOS6 ( including all the components ).
Help in order to get that going will be very appreciated. If you, or
anyone, are interested in helping out - please join the centos-devel
list and watch for info posted there.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219 | Yahoo IM: z00dax | Gtalk: z00dax