Old 05-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Michael Coffman

Default Setting overcommit_memory=2 kills system

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:23 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 05/18/12 10:09 AM, Michael Coffman wrote:
> > 99 2425 1 4052 136382123488
> /opt/ictools/64bit/synopsys-aserver/bin/AServer
> ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> well, I dunno what that process is, but thats a HUGE vsize.

Wow. I feel like an idiot I was so focused on rsz, I didn't even see
that. Thanks for taking the time to reply. So as often seems to be
case, I'm causing my own problems

Well, at least I understand the overcommit a little better

Thanks for the replies

> --
> john r pierce N 37, W 122
> santa cruz ca mid-left coast