Old 05-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Rhugga Harper

Default kernel: nfs: RPC call returned error 88

We have a 2-node Oracle RAC that keeps getting the following error:
kernel: nfs: RPC call returned error 88

The storage being mounted is netapp. We don't see any errors/issues on the
storage itself or the switches this client is connecting thru. The NFS
network is a 2-interface ( 2 x 1Gb UTP) bond which shows no errors of any
kind.

We are mounting with the following mount options:
rw,noac,nointr,bg,hard,timeo=
600,wsize=32768,rsize=32768,nfsvers=3,tcp

This problem sometimes hits the OCR votedisk shares and causes the instance
to crash.

These systems were upgraded to 5.6 back in January.

Currently running 2.6.32-300.4.1.

Thanks for any info,

Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Rob Kampen

On 18/05/2012 4:21 a.m., Rhugga Harper wrote:
> We have a 2-node Oracle RAC that keeps getting the following error:
> kernel: nfs: RPC call returned error 88
>
> The storage being mounted is netapp. We don't see any errors/issues on the
> storage itself or the switches this client is connecting thru. The NFS
> network is a 2-interface ( 2 x 1Gb UTP) bond which shows no errors of any
> kind.
>
> We are mounting with the following mount options:
> rw,noac,nointr,bg,hard,timeo=
> 600,wsize=32768,rsize=32768,nfsvers=3,tcp
>
> This problem sometimes hits the OCR votedisk shares and causes the instance
> to crash.
>
> These systems were upgraded to 5.6 back in January.
>
> Currently running 2.6.32-300.4.1.
Not a CentOS kernel!!