Old 05-17-2012, 03:34 PM

Default Problem building latest Courier-authlib on CentOS4

Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Upgrading to CentOS6 is on my list, but I'm trying to get the latest
> Courier-MTA running at the moment.
>
> I downloaded the current courier tarballs and tried to build the rpms on a
> CentOS4 system. I got these errors:
>
> $ rpmbuild -tb courier-authlib-0.64.0.tar.bz2
<snip>
> RPM build errors:
> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.93944 (%build)
>
> I asked on the Courier list and Sam said that my libtool is too old. He
> suggested adding an "autoreconf" line to the spec file, but that just
> generated an error that my Autoconf is too old.
>
> Can someone give me a pointer as to how to fix this?

You may not be able to, not without doing some programming yourself.
You're trying to build a current package on an o/s two releases old, with
no updates since, um, last year?

mark

Old 05-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Bowie Bailey

On 5/17/2012 11:34 AM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> Bowie Bailey wrote:
>> Upgrading to CentOS6 is on my list, but I'm trying to get the latest
>> Courier-MTA running at the moment.
>>
>> I downloaded the current courier tarballs and tried to build the rpms on a
>> CentOS4 system. I got these errors:
>>
>> $ rpmbuild -tb courier-authlib-0.64.0.tar.bz2
> <snip>
>> RPM build errors:
>> Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.93944 (%build)
>>
>> I asked on the Courier list and Sam said that my libtool is too old. He
>> suggested adding an "autoreconf" line to the spec file, but that just
>> generated an error that my Autoconf is too old.
>>
>> Can someone give me a pointer as to how to fix this?
> You may not be able to, not without doing some programming yourself.
> You're trying to build a current package on an o/s two releases old, with
> no updates since, um, last year?

As I said, I've got plans to replace it with a CentOS6 server, but
that's going to take a bit longer, but I was hoping to be able to
upgrade Courier first.

--
Bowie