Old 05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Giles Coochey

Default NTP Daemon in not bound to port

On 2012-05-16 13:19, Shiv. NK wrote:
> Hello Dear Friends,
>
> it is CentOS Release 6.2, ntpd is running but do not see bounded to
> the
> port udp:123
>
> any guidelines would be very much appreciable.
>
> [root@jet mavi]# netstat -ntlp | grep ntpd
>
> <nothing in output>
>
> [root@jet mavi]# netstat -ntl | grep 123
>
> <nothing in output>
>
> But the service is running -
>
> [root@jet mavi]# /etc/init.d/ntpd status
> ntpd (pid 15876) is running...
>
> Selinux is disabled

[root@proxy1 squid]# netstat -npl | grep ntp
udp 0 0 172.21.0.2:123 0.0.0.0:*
1154/ntpd
udp 0 0 127.0.0.1:123 0.0.0.0:*
1154/ntpd
udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:123 0.0.0.0:*
1154/ntpd
udp 0 0 fe80::a00:27ff:fed6:c590:123 :::*
1154/ntpd
udp 0 0 ::1:123 :::*
1154/ntpd
udp 0 0 :::123 :::*
1154/ntpd

Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 PM
"Shiv. NK"

> [root@proxy1 squid]# netstat -npl | grep ntp
> udp 0 0 172.21.0.2:123 0.0.0.0:*
> 1154/ntpd
> udp 0 0 127.0.0.1:123 0.0.0.0:*
> 1154/ntpd
> udp 0 0 0.0.0.0:123 0.0.0.0:*
> 1154/ntpd
> udp 0 0 fe80::a00:27ff:fed6:c590:123 :::*
> 1154/ntpd
> udp 0 0 ::1:123 :::*
> 1154/ntpd
> udp 0 0 :::123 :::*
> 1154/ntpd

Dear Giles, thanks for you response. I identified myistake. Port is udp,
therefor I should have use netstat -nulp but I did grep for tcp port. I
wilwe heck when I reach back in office. I am sure this is not the problem,
please ignore request. Thanks for you time and assistance
Regards

Sent from my iPhone