-   -   ldirectord package on centos 6 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/667156-ldirectord-package-centos-6-a.html)

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn 05-15-2012 07:11 PM

ldirectord package on centos 6

Hi,
I'm looking for the ldirectord package but can't find it. Previously this
was available as "heartbeat-ldirectord" and nowadays it is built as an
independent package from "resource-agents" however neither seems to be
available either in core centos 6 or epel. Where did it go?

Regards,
Dennis

Peter Hinse 05-16-2012 06:52 AM

Am Tue, 15 May 2012 21:11:00 +0200 schrieb Dennis Jacobfeuerborn:

> I'm looking for the ldirectord package but can't find it. Previously
> this was available as "heartbeat-ldirectord" and nowadays it is built as
> an independent package from "resource-agents" however neither seems to
> be available either in core centos 6 or epel. Where did it go?

Look at the resource-agents SPEC file, the ldirectord is not built
anymore. Some tweaking in the SPEC will give you the package back.
However, upstream (RH) has decided to not support ldirectord any more.

Regards,

Peter

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn 05-16-2012 01:06 PM

On 05/16/2012 08:52 AM, Peter Hinse wrote:
> Am Tue, 15 May 2012 21:11:00 +0200 schrieb Dennis Jacobfeuerborn:
>
>> I'm looking for the ldirectord package but can't find it. Previously
>> this was available as "heartbeat-ldirectord" and nowadays it is built as
>> an independent package from "resource-agents" however neither seems to
>> be available either in core centos 6 or epel. Where did it go?
>
> Look at the resource-agents SPEC file, the ldirectord is not built
> anymore. Some tweaking in the SPEC will give you the package back.
> However, upstream (RH) has decided to not support ldirectord any more.

Ok, so how does upstream provide load balancing features then? The only
alternative I know is keepalived and that doesn't really play well in a
cluster environment.

Regards,
Dennis

Peter Hinse 05-16-2012 02:13 PM

Am Wed, 16 May 2012 15:06:15 +0200 schrieb Dennis Jacobfeuerborn:

> On 05/16/2012 08:52 AM, Peter Hinse wrote:
>> Am Tue, 15 May 2012 21:11:00 +0200 schrieb Dennis Jacobfeuerborn:
>>
>>> I'm looking for the ldirectord package but can't find it. Previously
>>> this was available as "heartbeat-ldirectord" and nowadays it is built
>>> as an independent package from "resource-agents" however neither seems
>>> to be available either in core centos 6 or epel. Where did it go?
>>
>> Look at the resource-agents SPEC file, the ldirectord is not built
>> anymore. Some tweaking in the SPEC will give you the package back.
>> However, upstream (RH) has decided to not support ldirectord any more.
>
> Ok, so how does upstream provide load balancing features then? The only
> alternative I know is keepalived and that doesn't really play well in a
> cluster environment.

See http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/
Load_Balancer_Administration/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-
Load_Balancer_Administration-en-US.pdf

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn 05-16-2012 05:45 PM

On 05/16/2012 04:13 PM, Peter Hinse wrote:
> Am Wed, 16 May 2012 15:06:15 +0200 schrieb Dennis Jacobfeuerborn:

>>> Look at the resource-agents SPEC file, the ldirectord is not built
>>> anymore. Some tweaking in the SPEC will give you the package back.
>>> However, upstream (RH) has decided to not support ldirectord any more.
>>
>> Ok, so how does upstream provide load balancing features then? The only
>> alternative I know is keepalived and that doesn't really play well in a
>> cluster environment.
>
> See http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/pdf/
> Load_Balancer_Administration/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux-6-
> Load_Balancer_Administration-en-US.pdf

After some digging I finally found the components in the piranha package.
That stuff looks pretty scary though (as in "not really meant for
production systems") so I'll probaby look into creating a standalong
ldirectord rpm.

Regards,
Dennis