Old 05-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Tim Evans

Default BackupPC FAQ? Backups Apparently Working, but Web Interface Shows Nothing

BackuPC host is CentOS 6.2. Just one windows XP client. SMB backups
appear to be working; there is data in the backup directory tree,
including a subdir named for the client, in which I can manually view
individual files that have been backed up.

Now trying to use the web interface. Apache lets me log in, but the
status screen shows nothing. Hosts screen says:

This status was generated at 5/14 16:50.
Pool file system was recently at 41% (5/14 16:43), today's max is
41% (5/14 01:00) and yesterday's max was 42%.

Presumably, this means it sees the backup directory, since it accurately
shows space available.

Still, it says 0 hosts have been backed up.

The SourceForge BackupPC Wiki says to check Selinux setup; it is disabled.

What next? Thanks.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Les Mikesell

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Tim Evans <tkevans@tkevans.com> wrote:
> BackuPC host is CentOS 6.2. Just one windows XP client. *SMB backups
> appear to be working; there is data in the backup directory tree,
> including a subdir named for the client, in which I can manually view
> individual files that have been backed up.
>
> Now trying to use the web interface. *Apache lets me log in, but the
> status screen shows nothing. *Hosts screen says:
>
> * * This status was generated at 5/14 16:50.
> * * Pool file system was recently at 41% (5/14 16:43), today's max is
> 41% (5/14 01:00) and yesterday's max was 42%.
>
> Presumably, this means it sees the backup directory, since it accurately
> shows space available.
>
> Still, it says 0 hosts have been backed up.
>
> The SourceForge BackupPC Wiki says to check Selinux setup; it is disabled.
>
> What next? *Thanks.

Are you logging in to the web interface as a configured admin user or
the owner of the host in question? Othewise you won't see much.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 05-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Tim Evans

On 05/14/2012 05:17 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Tim Evans<tkevans@tkevans.com> wrote:
>> BackuPC host is CentOS 6.2. Just one windows XP client. SMB backups
>> appear to be working; there is data in the backup directory tree,
>> including a subdir named for the client, in which I can manually view
>> individual files that have been backed up.
>>
>> Now trying to use the web interface. Apache lets me log in, but the
>> status screen shows nothing. Hosts screen says:
>>
>> This status was generated at 5/14 16:50.
>> Pool file system was recently at 41% (5/14 16:43), today's max is
>> 41% (5/14 01:00) and yesterday's max was 42%.
>>
>> Presumably, this means it sees the backup directory, since it accurately
>> shows space available.
>>
>> Still, it says 0 hosts have been backed up.
>>
>> The SourceForge BackupPC Wiki says to check Selinux setup; it is disabled.
>>
>> What next? Thanks.
>
> Are you logging in to the web interface as a configured admin user or
> the owner of the host in question? Othewise you won't see much.

Thanks for the reply; this pointed me in the right direction. Not sure
which worked, but I set:

$Conf{CgiAdminUsers} = 'tkevans';

in config.pl and added 'tkevans' as user in the hosts file.

All's OK now.