Old 05-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Gene Poole

Default CentOS 6, Raid 1, and LVM

I'm in the process of rebuilding one of my machines and I've been using
Raid 1 with LVM on a CentOS 5 OS. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row to
move to CentOS 6. However, I can't seem to locate and on the
instructions/tutorials that show how to duplicate my Raid 1 LVM
environment running CentOS 6.

I saw the 'Partionable Raid 1 on CentOS 5 and 6', but it stopped before
the LVM was introduced. Can I use those instructions, but add the LVM
during the graphic installation? Is it true about some of the warning
I've been reading about issues with this environment?

TIA,
Gene Poole

+ It's impossible for everything to be true all of the time. +

Old 05-14-2012, 04:07 PM
bob

On 5/14/2012 11:58 AM, Gene Poole wrote:
> I'm in the process of rebuilding one of my machines and I've been using
> Raid 1 with LVM on a CentOS 5 OS. I'm trying to get my ducks in a row to
> move to CentOS 6. However, I can't seem to locate and on the
> instructions/tutorials that show how to duplicate my Raid 1 LVM
> environment running CentOS 6.
>
> I saw the 'Partionable Raid 1 on CentOS 5 and 6', but it stopped before
> the LVM was introduced. Can I use those instructions, but add the LVM
> during the graphic installation? Is it true about some of the warning
> I've been reading about issues with this environment?
>
> TIA,
> Gene Poole
>
> + It's impossible for everything to be true all of the time. +

when i get home tonight I can write you a walk through on the graphic
install to do lvms and such..
home around 10pm est