Old 05-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Jussi Hirvi

Default Geographic filtering for Sendmail on CentOS 5

I tried to google, but find no directions for configuring this. I would
like to

1) limit greylisting only for messages that come from other countries
2) give higher spam level to these messages (preferably only for certain
receiving email addresses)

I already have installed geoip.x86_64 (1.4.6-1.el5.rf).

How to proceed? Or should I move to CentOS 6 for this?

- Jussi

Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 AM
Alexander Dalloz

Am 14.05.2012 08:20, schrieb Jussi Hirvi:
> I tried to google, but find no directions for configuring this. I would
> like to
>
> 1) limit greylisting only for messages that come from other countries
> 2) give higher spam level to these messages (preferably only for certain
> receiving email addresses)
>
> I already have installed geoip.x86_64 (1.4.6-1.el5.rf).
>
> How to proceed? Or should I move to CentOS 6 for this?
>
> - Jussi

You are best served if you use a milter. You may find a better suiting
milter on https://www.milter.org/, but I think there is no better
flexible choice than MIMEDefang http://www.mimedefang.org/ (available
through EPEL). If you speak Perl, you are able to implement what you
describe and even more.

Regards

Alexander

Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Jussi Hirvi

On 14.5.2012 11.13, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> You are best served if you use a milter. You may find a better suiting
> milter onhttps://www.milter.org/, but I think there is no better
> flexible choice than MIMEDefanghttp://www.mimedefang.org/ (available
> through EPEL). If you speak Perl, you are able to implement what you
> describe and even more.

Regrettably, my Perl skill is really elementary. But maybe there are
recipes on the net.
- Jussi