Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Timothy Madden

Default Konqueror tree view in CentOS 6

Hello

Since I got CentOS 6 I no longer have the tree view in Konqueror, and
none of the other file managers have it. I believe this is because some
plugin has not been ported to the new version of Konqueror.

Please, is there a nice way to install the old Konqueror and its plugins
on my CentOS 6 ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden

Old 05-08-2012, 12:33 PM
Nux!

On 08.05.2012 12:33, Timothy Madden wrote:
> Hello
>
> Since I got CentOS 6 I no longer have the tree view in Konqueror, and
> none of the other file managers have it. I believe this is because
> some
> plugin has not been ported to the new version of Konqueror.
>
> Please, is there a nice way to install the old Konqueror and its
> plugins
> on my CentOS 6 ?
>
> Thank you,
> Timothy Madden

Hi, try dolphin, it's KDE's new file manager etc, maybe that can help
you.
What you can also try to do is install the old KDE 3.x from the Trinity
project; they do have instructions for EL6:
http://trinitydesktop.org/installation.php#redhat

Good luck!

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Old 05-08-2012, 02:07 PM
Timothy Madden

On 05/08/2012 03:33 PM, Nux! wrote:
> On 08.05.2012 12:33, Timothy Madden wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Since I got CentOS 6 I no longer have the tree view in Konqueror, and
>> none of the other file managers have it. I believe this is because
>> some
>> plugin has not been ported to the new version of Konqueror.
>>
>> Please, is there a nice way to install the old Konqueror and its
>> plugins
>> on my CentOS 6 ?

Thank you.

I tried dolphin, and it has the tree view, it is just not the default,
but it works well for me. But it does not let me create a new directory
in the tree view, though ...

Timothy Madden

Old 05-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Nux!

On 08.05.2012 15:07, Timothy Madden wrote:
> On 05/08/2012 03:33 PM, Nux! wrote:
>> On 08.05.2012 12:33, Timothy Madden wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Since I got CentOS 6 I no longer have the tree view in Konqueror,
>>> and
>>> none of the other file managers have it. I believe this is because
>>> some
>>> plugin has not been ported to the new version of Konqueror.
>>>
>>> Please, is there a nice way to install the old Konqueror and its
>>> plugins
>>> on my CentOS 6 ?
>
> Thank you.
>
> I tried dolphin, and it has the tree view, it is just not the
> default,
> but it works well for me. But it does not let me create a new
> directory
> in the tree view, though ...

Well.. this might not be related to Centos anymore then, try taking it
to the KDE lists.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Timothy Madden

On 05/08/2012 05:18 PM, Nux! wrote:
> On 08.05.2012 15:07, Timothy Madden wrote:

>> Thank you.
>>
>> I tried dolphin, and it has the tree view, it is just not the
>> default,
>> but it works well for me. But it does not let me create a new
>> directory
>> in the tree view, though ...
>
> Well.. this might not be related to Centos anymore then, try taking it
> to the KDE lists.

Actually I was wrong, it is _nautilus_ who has the tree view (press
Ctrl+2 after nautilus starts), not dolphin, but yes, the problem is solved.

Thank you for support,
Timothy Madden