Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 PM

Default Plone

Any good guide to install Plone? I have googled around and could
not find a good one [meaning clear instructions that I can easily
follow]. From a repository would be best .

---
Thanks

Old 04-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Bill Campbell

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008, centos@911networks.com wrote:
>Any good guide to install Plone? I have googled around and could
>not find a good one [meaning clear instructions that I can easily
>follow]. From a repository would be best .

Have you tried plone.org? There are a variety of quick install
methods available?

Do you have Zope installed?

Bill
Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820
Fax: (206) 232-9186

Things in our country run in spite of government. Not by aid of it!
Will Rogers

Old 04-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Benjamin Karhan

A little birdy told me that Bill Campbell said:

] Have you tried plone.org? There are a variety of quick install
] methods available?
]
] Do you have Zope installed?

i've gotten Plone running under CentOS 4 pretty easily...
taking the "Universal Installer" from the Plone site and
modifying it (for various reasons, but especially because
it tends to compile various libraries -- like libz --
as shared libraries AND install them in /usr/local...
this i solved by forcing them to install as static, making
Plone link with the static versions, and making them all
install in the "Plone installation tree")...

i've every reason to believe that the modified installer
i made would work fine for CentOS 5 too...
but we're still in the process of adopting/upgrading
to 5 (we've run into a variety of problems with 5 and
some pricy proprietary software that "officially" supports
RHEL 4 but not 5... not to mention a number of issues with the
newer SE-Linux specs that we haven't worked out yet)

B. Karhan
simon@pop.psu.edu
PRI/SSRI Unix Administrator

Old 07-19-2008, 06:10 PM
"David Hláčik"

Hello,
*
is someone using Plone on CentOs 5.2?

What is the best way to install lastest version? Using their unified installer?

Thanks in advance!

D.

Old 07-20-2008, 04:37 AM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 12:10 PM, David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is someone using Plone on CentOs 5.2?
>
> What is the best way to install lastest version? Using their unified
> installer?
> Thanks in advance!

I think the plone website prefers using the rpms for plone from
Fedora... but I am just working through this myself .

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

Old 07-20-2008, 04:39 AM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

2008/7/19 Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 12:10 PM, David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> is someone using Plone on CentOs 5.2?
>>
>> What is the best way to install lastest version? Using their unified
>> installer?
>> Thanks in advance!
>>

> I think the plone website prefers using the rpms for plone from
> Fedora... but I am just working through this myself .

To put it a bit better.. the 'manuals' I am reading through the plone
site mention the Fedora RPMS which are in EPEL (as zope/plone requires
python-2.4 and thus no longer works in upstream fedora anymore.)

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/repoview/plone.html

Dag and ATrpms probably have similar packages available. If the
unified installer works better.. please let me know.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux

Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 PM
john

Hello,

I have installed Plone but unfortunately it will not run. I believe
this is down to PIL not being installed as shown when starting Zope
in foreground.

I have emerged dev-python/imaging but Zope still cannot see PIL. I think
the issue is because Plone/Zope depends on python 2.4.

Any recommendations on a fix???

--
--------------
--------------

Old 06-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 17.06.2011 23:16, schrieb john:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Plone but unfortunately it will not run. I believe
> this is down to PIL not being installed as shown when starting Zope
> in foreground.
>
> I have emerged dev-python/imaging but Zope still cannot see PIL. I think
> the issue is because Plone/Zope depends on python 2.4.
>
> Any recommendations on a fix???

You might have to run python-updater in order to install all
python-packages for this version. I'm not sure if python-updater does
this correctly if you don't have python-2.4 enabled via `eselect
python`. You might want to try this as well.

Hope this helps,
Florian Philipp

Old 06-17-2011, 11:43 PM
john

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 00:31:39 +0200
Florian Philipp <lists@binarywings.net> wrote:

> Am 17.06.2011 23:16, schrieb john:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have installed Plone but unfortunately it will not run. I believe
> > this is down to PIL not being installed as shown when starting Zope
> > in foreground.
> >
> > I have emerged dev-python/imaging but Zope still cannot see PIL. I
> > think the issue is because Plone/Zope depends on python 2.4.
> >
> > Any recommendations on a fix???
> >

> You might have to run python-updater in order to install all
> python-packages for this version. I'm not sure if python-updater does
> this correctly if you don't have python-2.4 enabled via `eselect
> python`. You might want to try this as well.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Florian Philipp

I have eselect python2.4 but when running python-updater I get:-

File "/usr/bin/portageq", line 98
except portage.exception.InvalidAtom as e:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
File "/usr/bin/portageq", line 98
except portage.exception.InvalidAtom as e:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
* Python 2 and Python 3 not installed

Have also tried emerge imaging with python2.4 set and get :-

File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 44 except PermissionDenied as e:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
on2.4

Think the python-updater looks forward but not backward (if you see
what I mean)

I have also tried changing all the references in bin scripts from
python2.4 to python2.7 but this fails miserably. The only thing I can
think of at the moment is to download manual package and install but
I'm really not sure where this is going to stick all the modules?

Thanks

--
--------------
--------------

Old 06-18-2011, 06:50 AM
john

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:48:31 -0700
Keith Dart <keith@dart.us.com> wrote:

> === On Sat, 06/18, john wrote: ===
> > On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 00:31:39 +0200
> > Florian Philipp <lists@binarywings.net> wrote:

> > > You might have to run python-updater in order to install all
> > > python-packages for this version. I'm not sure if python-updater
> > > does this correctly if you don't have python-2.4 enabled via
> > > `eselect python`. You might want to try this as well.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps,
> > > Florian Philipp
> > >

> > I have eselect python2.4 but when running python-updater I get:-
> >
> > File "/usr/bin/portageq", line 98
> > except portage.exception.InvalidAtom as e:
> > ^
> > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> > File "/usr/bin/portageq", line 98
> > except portage.exception.InvalidAtom as e:
> > ^
> > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> > * Python 2 and Python 3 not installed
> >
> > Have also tried emerge imaging with python2.4 set and get :-
> >
> > File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 44 except PermissionDenied as e:
> > ^
> > SyntaxError: invalid syntax
> > on2.4
>
> You may be hosed. That syntax only works with newer Python
> interpreters. Can you eselect back to 2.6 or 2.7?
>
> > Think the python-updater looks forward but not backward (if you see
> > what I mean)
>
> It is called the UPdater, after all.
>
> > I have also tried changing all the references in bin scripts from
> > python2.4 to python2.7 but this fails miserably. The only thing I
> > can think of at the moment is to download manual package and
> > install but I'm really not sure where this is going to stick all
> > the modules?
>
> Ugh, yep. But Python is slotted, so you shouldn't have to worry about
> that.
>

> -- Keith Dart
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Keith Dart <keith@dart.us.com>
> ================================================== ===================

Always a little unsure about installing packages
manually. I like to let emerge do everything.

I eselect python set 1 which set python2.4. Downloaded
Imaging-1.1.6.tar.gz from Python site. Installed using setup.py install.
Switched back to python2.7.

Old instance would not run but:-

Then created a new zopeinstance. Copied the
contents /usr/share/zproduct/plone-3.1.7/lib/python
and /usr/share/zproduct/plone-3.1.7/Products

to instance

And yippee I can create Plone site and all looks good at the mo

Thanks for advice
--