-   -   loosing applications (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/663263-loosing-applications.html)

"Michel Donais" 05-05-2012 01:44 AM

loosing applications

For some times I'm loosing graphical applications usage
as pirut and system-config-users,
Yum auto update is not working too but I can update with command lin yum
update

Versions instlalled
pirut-1.3.28-19.el5.centos.noarch.rpm
system-config-users-1.2.51-7.el5.rpm

Do somebody have an idea for a solution

---
Michel Donais

Ljubomir Ljubojevic 05-06-2012 10:25 AM

loosing applications

On 05/05/2012 03:44 AM, Michel Donais wrote:
> For some times I'm loosing graphical applications usage
> as pirut and system-config-users,
> Yum auto update is not working too but I can update with command lin yum
> update
>
> Versions instlalled
> pirut-1.3.28-19.el5.centos.noarch.rpm
> system-config-users-1.2.51-7.el5.rpm
>

> Do somebody have an idea for a solution

Run both commands from terminal and see what error is being reported.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

"Michel Donais" 05-06-2012 02:18 PM

loosing applications

> On 05/05/2012 03:44 AM, Michel Donais wrote:
>> For some times I'm loosing graphical applications usage
>> as pirut and system-config-users,
>> Yum auto update is not working too but I can update with command lin yum
>> update
>>
>> Versions instlalled
>> pirut-1.3.28-19.el5.centos.noarch.rpm
>> system-config-users-1.2.51-7.el5.rpm
>>
>> Do somebody have an idea for a solution
>>
> Run both commands from terminal and see what error is being reported.

Thak's to care,
For pirut I get:
Unable to import modules. Maybe yoy'r not running undr X?
But I'm under X with KDE

For system-config-users I get:
Trace back (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/system-config-users/system-config-users.py",linne 25,
in?
import libuser
ImportError: no module name libuser

I checked and
libsepol-1.15.2-3.el5 is there
also /user/lib/libuser and .so , .so.1, .so.1.1.6 etc are there

If I type at command line import libuser I get the same reaction as running
"system-config-users" the program seem to turn round but no execution and
tnhen stop
But if I look in /etc/libuser.conf I see a line as:
# The default (/usr/lib*/libuser) is actually correct
Do I have to think that the modules should be in /user/lib/libuser/ instead
of /usr/lib/

What should be my next move?
---
Michel Donais

Jesus del Valle 05-06-2012 02:35 PM

loosing applications

> >> Yum auto update is not working too but I can update with command lin yum
> >> update
> >>
> import libuser
> ImportError: no module name libuser
>
> Hi. Both the issue and the message are similar to some errors I receive if
I forget to change to CentOS default Python before using yum & Co. You
probably already checked for this but anyway: Do you have more than one
Python intallation, or did you compile Python from source, or used a
package that installed a Non-CentOS-default Python version?
Regards,
Jesus

"Michel Donais" 05-06-2012 03:12 PM

loosing applications

>> import libuser
>> ImportError: no module name libuser
>>
>> Hi. Both the issue and the message are similar to some errors I receive
>> if
> I forget to change to CentOS default Python before using yum & Co. You
> probably already checked for this but anyway: Do you have more than one
> Python intallation, or did you compile Python from source, or used a
> package that installed a Non-CentOS-default Python version?

Where should be default python
Packages are only installed by yum update usually CR but I also have some
updates been made from epel but can't remember wich

---
Michel Donais

Ljubomir Ljubojevic 05-06-2012 03:31 PM

loosing applications

On 05/06/2012 04:18 PM, Michel Donais wrote:
>> On 05/05/2012 03:44 AM, Michel Donais wrote:
>>> For some times I'm loosing graphical applications usage
>>> as pirut and system-config-users,
>>> Yum auto update is not working too but I can update with command lin yum
>>> update
>>>
>>> Versions instlalled
>>> pirut-1.3.28-19.el5.centos.noarch.rpm
>>> system-config-users-1.2.51-7.el5.rpm
>>>
>>> Do somebody have an idea for a solution
>>>
>> Run both commands from terminal and see what error is being reported.
>
> Thak's to care,
> For pirut I get:
> Unable to import modules. Maybe yoy'r not running undr X?
> But I'm under X with KDE
>
> For system-config-users I get:
> Trace back (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/share/system-config-users/system-config-users.py",linne 25,
> in?
> import libuser
> ImportError: no module name libuser
>
> I checked and
> libsepol-1.15.2-3.el5 is there
> also /user/lib/libuser and .so , .so.1, .so.1.1.6 etc are there
>
> If I type at command line import libuser I get the same reaction as running
> "system-config-users" the program seem to turn round but no execution and
> tnhen stop
> But if I look in /etc/libuser.conf I see a line as:
> # The default (/usr/lib*/libuser) is actually correct
> Do I have to think that the modules should be in /user/lib/libuser/ instead
> of /usr/lib/
>

> What should be my next move?
> ---

Try "yum reinstall libuser", or "yum install libuser"

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Jesus del Valle 05-06-2012 03:35 PM

loosing applications

> Where should be default python

Hi Michel. Type python --version on the command prompt. CentOS 6.2 has
Python 2.6.6, CentOS 5.6, 5.7, 5.8 have Python 2.4.3. Epel should not have
installed a different python. Maybe you only need to reinstall the library
so Python recognizes it???

"Michel Donais" 05-06-2012 04:46 PM

loosing applications

> Try "yum reinstall libuser", or "yum install libuser"

I already tried it with no results
actual re-installed version is
libuser.i386 0:0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2

I also have the same problem with graphical version of service

---
Michel Donais

Jesus del Valle 05-06-2012 06:11 PM

loosing applications

> actual re-installed version is
> libuser.i386 0:0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2

Hi Michel. Maybe something related to root / non-root? Or: Can you check
your Python version? Can you enter into Pythons cli (just type python) and
then type "import libuser"? If you don't get an error message, I don't
know. If you do, type "print (sys.path)", one of the paths should be
something like "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/". After exiting the
python cli, you can check if your libusermodule.so can be found under this
path or one of python's sys.path?
Regards,
Jesus

"Michel Donais" 05-06-2012 09:45 PM

loosing applications

First trial from root

[root@serveur ~]# python
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Feb 22 2012, 16:06:13)
>>> import libuser

"no error there; so it found it's way to libuser"

>>> print (sys.path)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'sys' is not defined

"here it seem that there is no path defined

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Second trial (non-root) /usr/michel

[michel@serveur ~]$ python
Python 2.4.3 (#1, Feb 22 2012, 16:06:13)
>>> inport libuser
File "<stdin>", line 1
inport libuser
^