Old 05-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Larry Martell

Default 2 systems, can't connect to apache on one

I have 2 systems, both with the same version of CentOS installed. Both
have identical versions of apache running and identical httpd.conf
files. From a third system, if I point my browser at system 1, I can
connect to it with no problem. But if I point my browser at system 2,
I cannot connect. There is nothing logged anywhere that I can find on
system 2 - not in the apache error log or access log, or the audit
log, or anywhere. I tried disabling selinux, but that did not help. I
can ping and ssh into system 2, so I know I have a route to it. It's
like the request never reaches the server.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this or what I could
check to help me diagnose the problem?

TIA!
-larry

Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 AM
John R Pierce

On 05/04/12 5:25 PM, Larry Martell wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this or what I could
> check to help me diagnose the problem?

iptables blocking port 80 on INPUT ?

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

Old 05-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Earl Ramirez

On 4 May 2012 20:25, Larry Martell <larry.martell@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 2 systems, both with the same version of CentOS installed. Both
> have identical versions of apache running and identical httpd.conf
> files. From a third system, if I point my browser at system 1, I can
> connect to it with no problem. But if I point my browser at system 2,
> I cannot connect. There is nothing logged anywhere that I can find on
> system 2 - not in the apache error log or access log, or the audit
> log, or anywhere. I tried disabling selinux, but that did not help. I
> can ping and ssh into system 2, so I know I have a route to it. It's
> like the request never reaches the server.
>
> Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this or what I could
> check to help me diagnose the problem?
>
> TIA!
> -larry

Hi Larry,

If you use netstat can you see if the service is listening on port 80 or
443?

--
Kind Regards
Earl Ramirez

Old 05-05-2012, 01:26 AM
Larry Martell

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 05/04/12 5:25 PM, Larry Martell wrote:
>> Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this or what I could
>> check to help me diagnose the problem?
>
> iptables blocking port 80 on INPUT ?

Yup, that was it. Thanks much!