Old 04-08-2008, 03:26 PM
"Alain Terriault, Mr."

Default openssh version 5

Greetings,

It just strike me that they are no available version of OpenSSH version
5 or any available versions with the ChrootDirectory option.

Any reason why ?

Thanks,

Old 04-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Johnny Hughes

Alain Terriault, Mr. wrote:

Greetings,

It just strike me that they are no available version of OpenSSH version
5 or any available versions with the ChrootDirectory option.

Any reason why ?

As to what is in the main versions of CentOS (the Base and Updates
repo), that is totally controlled by what the upstream provider chooses
to put into their enterprise product.

Our goal is to mirror that 100% .. so since they don't have it we don't
have it.

http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=3

So, the real question is how come the upstream provider doesn't think
that functionality belongs in their enterprise version.

That is not a question we at the CentOS Project can answer, but if you
ask the upstream provider why it is not in their product, they might be
able to answer the question or tell you when/if they plan on adding that
functionality.

It is possible that other CentOS users have rolled this functionality
into their own CentOS installs, and if have maybe they will tell us here.

It is also possible that a version of openssh can be added to the
CentOSPlus directory for one of our CentOS versions if you can provide
more information on exactly what versions you are looking for and an
example of where it is deployed in the CentOS/RHEL/Fedora world.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes

Old 04-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Florian Goessmann