-   -   File size diff between NFS mount and local disk (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/662321-file-size-diff-between-nfs-mount-local-disk.html)

aurfalien 05-02-2012 04:56 PM

File size diff between NFS mount and local disk

Hi all,

I never really paid attention to this but a file on an NFS mount is showing 64M in size, but when copying the file to a local drive, it shows 2.5MB in size.

My NFS server is hardware Raided with a volume stripe size of 128K were the volume size is 20TB.

My NFS clients are the same distro as the server being Centos.

Is this due to my stripe size?

Nuggets are appreciated.

- aurf