Old 04-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Dennis Gilmore

Default list of epel packages

On Monday 07 April 2008, David Hláčik wrote:
> Or to be more specific, what i am trying to do is to remove epel repo and
> all installed packages from that repo , how will i achieve it?
>
> Thanks again
>
> D.
>
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 8:20 PM, David Hláčik <david@hlacik.eu> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I know it has been solved many times, but how will i get a list of all
> > installed packages from EPEL repository? I know for rpmforge it is rpm
> > -qa package=*rf* .
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > David

rpm -qa --queryformat="%{name}-%{version}-%{release} %{packager}
"|grep
Fedora|sed -e "s|Fedora Project <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>||g"|
xargs yum remove

that should do it

Old 04-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Ray Van Dolson

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 08:21:17PM +0200, David Hláčik wrote:
> Or to be more specific, what i am trying to do is to remove epel repo and all
> installed packages from that repo , how will i achieve it?

Something like this:

rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}|%{DISTRIBUTION}
' |
egrep "Extras Packages for Enterprise Linux$" | cut -f1 -d'|'

Should list all the EPEL packages. You could then call yum remove on
each one or rpm -e.

Maybe there's a slicker way to do this.

Ray

Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 PM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Ray Van Dolson <rayvd@bludgeon.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 08:21:17PM +0200, David Hláčik wrote:
> > Or to be more specific, what i am trying to do is to remove epel repo and all
> > installed packages from that repo , how will i achieve it?
>
> Something like this:
>
> rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}|%{DISTRIBUTION}
' |
> egrep "Extras Packages for Enterprise Linux$" | cut -f1 -d'|'
>
> Should list all the EPEL packages. You could then call yum remove on
> each one or rpm -e.
>
> Maybe there's a slicker way to do this.

a faster way (nodigest/nosignature) is to get this from

rpm -qa --nodigest --nosignature --qf='%{NAME} %{DISTRIBUTION}
' |
grep 'Extras Packages for Enterp' | awk '{print $1}'

yum remove those and you should be clean. Another way to do this is the old:

yum list extras > /tmp/a
yum --disablerepo=epel --disablerepo=epel-testing > /tmp/b

compare /tmp/a and /tmp/b and you will ahve your list of packages (in
case some RPMS were installed by hand).