Old 04-19-2012, 12:28 PM
"Prabhpal S. Mavi"

Default The requested URL was not found on this server - Solved!

Dear Community Friends,

sorry to inform that following solutions did not solve the error "The
requested URL was not found on this server"

$url_path = "/cacti/";
or
Alias /cacti /var/www/html/cacti/

in the end to make it work, i have to leave the default DocumetRoot in
httpd.conf to "/var/www/html" and crate virtual host for cacti and give
it's DocumetRoot as following and everything is fine now.

Alias /cacti /var/www/cacti/

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin xxxx@example.com
ServerName xxxx.example.com

DocumentRoot /var/www/cacti/
<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/cacti/>
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:21 AM, William Hooper <whooperhsd@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 5:04 AM, Prabhpal S. Mavi
>> <prabhpal@digital-infotech.net> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> if i try browsing cacti, i can login without problem. But if i try to
>>> follow other links on the page. For example i have clicked on Graphs
>>> icon.
>>> i see the following error.
>>>
>>> The requested URL /graph_view.php was not found on this server
>> [snip]
>>
>> Did you not see my reply on the 14th? *I quote:
>>
>> Notice the error doesn't have /cacti/ in the URL. *Check your cacti
>> configuration for $url_path.
>>
>> http://lists.repoforge.org/pipermail/users/2012-April/022775.html
>> http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46997
>> http://docs.cacti.net/manual:087:1_installation.9_pia#configuration
>>

> Also, there is a packaged version in epel that should come up working.
>
> --
> Les Mikesell
> lesmikesell@gmail.com

Thanks / Regards
Prabhpal S. Mavi

Old 04-19-2012, 01:24 PM
William Hooper

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Prabhpal S. Mavi
<prabhpal@digital-infotech.net> wrote:
> Dear Community Friends,
>
> sorry to inform that following solutions did not solve the error "The
> requested URL was not found on this server"
>
> $url_path = "/cacti/";
> or
> Alias /cacti /var/www/html/cacti/

You actually need both. Did you set the DocumentRoot back to the
default? Did you verify that the $url_path isn't commented out in the
config (I believe it is by default). I can say for certain that it is
working for me with the defautl DocumentRoot and the $url_path set
correctly.

> in the end to make it work, i have to leave the default DocumetRoot in
> httpd.conf to "/var/www/html" and crate virtual host for cacti and give
> it's DocumetRoot as following and everything is fine now.

That is also another way to handle it.

--
William Hooper