Old 04-12-2012, 02:51 PM
"Prabhpal S. Mavi"

Default help from community

Dear Markus Falb

Thanks for your response, it is grate information. it is true i missed the
part of your mails.

Thanks / Regards

> On 12.4.2012 14:16, Prabhpal S. Mavi wrote:
>> i know these commands but if you will carefully look into logs, you will
>> notice that my server is sending mail not receiving. therefor it has
>> nothing to do with their PTR weather it is correct or in correct. that
>> is
>> according to the logic.
>
> If the receiving server is doing callback than the logic is reversed, so
> no, at that point your server turns into the receiver.
> please read my *whole* message again, not only the part with the
> commands. Have a look at the links I provided.
> --
> Kind Regards, Markus Falb
> Resident do not top post guerilla
> http://centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=16
> (The guidelines part)

Thanks / Regards
Prabhpal S. Mavi

Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Bob Hoffman

On 4/12/2012 8:51 AM, Markus Falb wrote:
> On 12.4.2012 14:16, Prabhpal S. Mavi wrote:
>> i know these commands but if you will carefully look into logs, you will
>> notice that my server is sending mail not receiving. therefor it has
>> nothing to do with their PTR weather it is correct or in correct. that is
>> according to the logic.
>
> If the receiving server is doing callback than the logic is reversed, so
> no, at that point your server turns into the receiver.
> please read my *whole* message again, not only the part with the
> commands. Have a look at the links I provided.

Markus is spot on.
My mail server does reverse lookups to see if the mail server is real or
not...in your case it would reject it since the mail server sending it
does not equal what the look up says.

these rejects are used to prevent spammers. And they also teach us how
to set up mail servers correctly. Learning curve, but it is for the best.