Old 04-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Ioannis Vranos

Default CentOS 5.1 x86 medium installation problems

Hi, I had downloaded CentOS 5.1 x86 DVD image, and although it passed
sha1sum or md5sum test and I burned it verifying it, installation failed.

Also if I recall correctly, when I tested the medium during install, it
failed although as I said the media was verified.

==> The same things happen with Scientific Linux 5.1 x86 installation
DVD, so perhaps it is a Red Hat EL 5.1 x86 DVD issue?

Old 04-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Ioannis Vranos

Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> Hi, I had downloaded CentOS 5.1 x86 DVD image, and although it passed
> sha1sum or md5sum test and I burned it verifying it, installation failed.
>
> Also if I recall correctly, when I tested the medium during install, it
> failed although as I said the media was verified.
>
> ==> The same things happen with Scientific Linux 5.1 x86 installation
> DVD, so perhaps it is a Red Hat EL 5.1 x86 DVD issue?

CentOS 5.0 x86 and Scientific Linux 5.0 x86 installation DVD images do
not exhibit this problem.