Old 04-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Default CentOS 5 repo down?

Hi

I'm getting a 500 error when I try to install anything with yum, is this
normal?

[root@temp01 ~]# yum install libxenguest
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=x86_64&repo=updates error was

[Errno 14] HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=x86_64&repo=addons error was

[Errno 14] HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web: http://www.SoftDux.com
Check out my technical blog, http://blog.softdux.com for Linux or other technical stuff, or visit http://www.WebHostingTalk.co.za for Web Hosting stuff

Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Lance Davis

I'm getting a 500 error when I try to install anything with yum, is this
normal?

No - the mirrorlist htpd daemon had problems - should be ok now.

Lance

[root@temp01 ~]# yum install libxenguest
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=x86_64&repo=updates error was

[Errno 14] HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=5&arch=x86_64&repo=addons error was

[Errno 14] HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.