Old 03-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Bernd Bartmann

Default C6.2 on DELL E6520

Hi,

I've installed Centos 6.2 x86_64 on a DELL E6520 and nearly everything
works just fine. The only problem is that the system hangs after
entering "reboot". I can see that several services get stopped, but
after some seconds the screen is just black and nothing happens
anymore. The weird thing is that "poweroff" always works just fine.
Also, I should note that I'm using the NVIDIA binary graphics driver
and have disabled the "Optimus" feature in the BIOS. The problem with
"reboot" happens regardless if the NIVIDA driver is installed or not.
Any ideas?

Best regards,
Bernd

Old 03-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Jussi Hirvi

On 2.3.2012 15.59, Bernd Bartmann wrote:
> The only problem is that the system hangs after
> entering "reboot". I can see that several services get stopped, but
> after some seconds the screen is just black and nothing happens
> anymore.

Does it hang after the shutdown process is totally complete, or
somewhere in between? (If so, what is the last thing you see on screen?)
How long have you waited for it to proceed?

How much RAM? On startup it will be checking the RAM, and possible other
things, and I think this happens right at the beginning of startup
sequence.

- Jussi