Old 03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
"James B. Byrne"

Default CentOS-5 - Need help sourcing an SQLite-3.6.16 or later rpm

CentOS-5.7
SQLite-3.6.6
Ruby on Rails 3.1
Ruby-1.8.7

I have a situation wherein the version of SQLite-3 on
CentOS-5 is too 'old' for the Ruby language sqlite3 DBMS
adapter to successfully build against. I managed to
obtain an rpm for ruby-1.8.7 but I cannot find one for
sqlite-3.6.16 or later. Does anyone here have a lead on
where such a beast, including the sqlite development
headers, might be found?

I know that CentOS-6 ships with sqlite-3.6.20 but I can
find nothing more recent than 3.6.6 for sqlite on CentOS-5
in the various supplemental repos that I generally use
(epel and rpmforge).

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241