Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Yves Bellefeuille

Default Aspire One 522 (Was: My Computer)

On Monday 27 February 2012, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office@plnet.rs> wrote:

> On 02/27/2012 03:31 AM, Yves Bellefeuille wrote:
>
> > I can run Debian on my Aspire One 522 with an AMD C-50 processor,
> > but I couldn't get CentOS to install properly.
> >
> > The E-300 processor won't be a problem; the rest of the hardware
> > might be.
>
> In that case, you might want to try Stella: li.nux.ro/stella/ and see
> if that helps. There is LiveCD also.
>
> Stella has some drivers from ElRepo integrated, so if regular CentOS
> (install CD or LiveCD) does not run on your hardware, give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to install and run Stella on my
Acer Aspire One 522.

I'm changing the Subject and adding "Partially Solved" for future
reference. (I consider it only partially solved because Stella is a
CentOS derivative rather than CentOS itself.)

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan@storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se