FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Tony Placilla
 
Default OT: Sysadmin position

Apologies if this is out of line.

I have an opening for a full-time Systems Administrator.

Please contact me off list for details

Tony Placilla <aplacilla@jhu.edu>
IT Operations & Projects Manager
Physics & Astronomy
Johns Hopkins University
3400 N. Charles St.
Baltimore MD 21218
410-516-0632

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Rajagopal Swaminathan
 
Default OT: Sysadmin position

Greetings,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Tony Placilla <aplacilla@jhu.edu> wrote:
>
> I have an opening for a full-time Systems Administrator.
>
> Please contact me off list for details

Is this applicable for Indian Citizens who do have work visas as yet?
--
Regards,

Rajagopal
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Markus Falb
 
Default OT: Sysadmin position

On 28.2.2012 19:49, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Tony Placilla <aplacilla-4GNroTWusrE@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> I have an opening for a full-time Systems Administrator.
>>
>> Please contact me off list for details
>
> Is this applicable for Indian Citizens who do have work visas as yet?

Not for whatever citizens who do not understand "contact me off list for
details" I suppose ;-)

--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-29-2012, 10:47 AM
Giles Coochey
 
Default OT: Sysadmin position

On 2012-02-28 19:04, Markus Falb wrote:
> On 28.2.2012 19:49, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Tony Placilla
>> <aplacilla-4GNroTWusrE@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have an opening for a full-time Systems Administrator.
>>>
>>> Please contact me off list for details
>>
>> Is this applicable for Indian Citizens who do have work visas as
>> yet?
>
> Not for whatever citizens who do not understand "contact me off list
> for
> details" I suppose ;-)

Maybe not, but it does illustrate that (whatever the list policy might
be), it's not too smart to just ask for a "Systems Administrator" - it
is a very broad field and you will want specific requirements and
technology exposure. Let alone georgraphic and political restrictions.
The OP could at least have put in a link to a reasonably details job
spec!

I didn't answer as I assumed they wouldn't be paying me enough if they
just thought they needed _a_ System Administrator.

Giles Coochey
+44 (0) 7983 877438
CCNAS, CCNA, CCENT
NetSecSpec Ltd
--
Message sent via my webmail account.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org