Old 02-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Michael Schumacher

Default strange cron message

Hi,

environment: new Centos 6 installation out of the box.

somebody has an idea what causes this error mail to be sent?

---8<---
Subject: Cron <root@fileserver1> /usr/local/asc/bin/ascservicemonitor 2>&1 >/dev/null
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:27:02 +0100 (CET)

/bin/sh: /usr/local/asc/bin/ascservicemonitor: No such file or directory
---8<---

This pops up every three minutes. There is no ascservicemonitor on
that machine, I cannot find any reference to a file with this name and
I cannot find a cron job that would be running every three minutes.

any ideas?

best regards
---
Michael

Old 02-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Carel Lubbe

what does your cron log say?

Sent from Carel's Android phone.

On 28 Feb 2012 14:46, "Michael Schumacher" <michael.schumacher@pamas.de>

Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Mail Lists

On 02/28/2012 07:45 AM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> environment: new Centos 6 installation out of the box.
>
> somebody has an idea what causes this error mail to be sent?
>
> ---8<---
> Subject: Cron<root@fileserver1> /usr/local/asc/bin/ascservicemonitor 2>&1>/dev/null
> Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:27:02 +0100 (CET)
>
> /bin/sh: /usr/local/asc/bin/ascservicemonitor: No such file or directory
> ---8<---
>
> This pops up every three minutes. There is no ascservicemonitor on
> that machine, I cannot find any reference to a file with this name and
> I cannot find a cron job that would be running every three minutes.
>
> any ideas?
>

> best regards
> ---
> Michael

You could try as root

crontab -l

or

ls /etc/cron*

As a start.

Also look at

ls /var/spool/cron

--
Brian ----- Get the latest Fremont, OH Weather
http://www.Fremont-OH-Weather.com

Old 02-29-2012, 10:30 AM
John Doe

From: Michael Schumacher <michael.schumacher@pamas.de>

> environment: new Centos 6 installation out of the box.
> somebody has an idea what causes this error mail to be sent?
> This pops up every three minutes. There is no ascservicemonitor on
> that machine, I cannot find any reference to a file with this name and
> I cannot find a cron job that would be running every three minutes.

Maybe try:
grep -ri asc /etc/cron*/var/spool/cron

But it is strange that a brand new installation has some references
to /usr/local...

JD