-   -   Centos 6.2, sheduled tasks (cron) (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/638019-centos-6-2-sheduled-tasks-cron.html)

Mihamina Rakotomandimby 02-27-2012 09:29 AM

Centos 6.2, sheduled tasks (cron)

Hi all,

I wanted to schedule some rsync backups and found that CentOS is by
default using anacron.

I'm mostly used with the historical cron, but let's follow the progress :-)

- I made a shell script in /etc/cron.daily/dobackup
- I made it 755, root.root.
- In /etc/anacrontab, START_HOURS_RANGE=21-23 (I kept the other lines
unchanged)
- When I manually run /etc/cron.daily/dobackup, it runs quietly (no errors)

Where should I check if the task scheduler is setup correctly (logs)?

Must I reload a service (BTW, is it "crond" yet?) after editing
/etc/anacrontab?

How to tell that it may launch between 21:00 and 5:00?
- START_HOURS_RANGE=21-05?
- START_HOURS_RANGE=21-23,00-05?
- ...

--
RMA.

John R Pierce 02-27-2012 03:59 PM

On 02/27/12 2:29 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby wrote:
> - I made a shell script in /etc/cron.daily/dobackup
> - I made it 755, root.root.
> - In /etc/anacrontab, START_HOURS_RANGE=21-23 (I kept the other lines
> unchanged)

if you want to get picky about when something runs, why not use a
regular crontab entry, such as is created with crontab -e ?

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast