Old 02-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Dennis Whiterock

Default My Computer

Hello,
I have a HP Pavilion p2 1033wb. I has a 3 core Vision AMD E-300 Processor Dual Core runs at 3.2 GHZ. CentOS will run ok with this processor won't it Echolink told me I would have no problem running there program with it. Probably a dumb question but just checking.
Thanks,
KF7TQV

73.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Frank Cox

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:39:54 -0800 (PST)
Dennis Whiterock wrote:

> I have a HP Pavilion p2 1033wb. I has a 3 core Vision AMD E-300 Processor
> Dual Core runs at 3.2 GHZ. CentOS will run ok with this processor won't it
> Echolink told me I would have no problem running there program with it.
> Probably a dumb question but just checking.

Try booting a Centos Live CD on it and see what happens.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Dennis Whiterock

What doe;s centOS recommend?

________________________________

Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Les Mikesell

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Dennis Whiterock <natamdennis@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What doe;s centOS recommend?

Should be the same as upstream:
https://hardware.redhat.com/
But if it is not there it doesn't mean it won't work - it may not have
been tested.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 02-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Larry Martell

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Dennis Whiterock <natamdennis@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What doe;s centOS recommend?

Anything that runs RedHat should run CentOS

https://hardware.redhat.com/list.cgi?product=Red+Hat+Hardware+Certification

________________________________

Old 02-26-2012, 09:07 PM
John R Pierce

On 02/26/12 12:39 PM, Dennis Whiterock wrote:
> I have a HP Pavilion p2 1033wb. I has a 3 core Vision AMD E-300 Processor Dual Core runs at 3.2 GHZ. CentOS will run ok with this processor won't it Echolink told me I would have no problem running there program with it. Probably a dumb question but just checking.

The chipset, power management, video, network, and disk controllers are
as important as the CPU. as long as thats a i686 or x86_64 CPU, the
processor should be fine

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast