Old 02-25-2012, 06:47 AM
"Mustafa Zargar"

Default Throws Out Immediately After Login

Hi geeks,

i am stuck in a situation and cant login. I am using elastix for my office
and i have installed it only a few days back... i updated yum but now when i
try to login, it throws me out immediately to login prompt again.
any help please?

Regards,

Mustafa Zargar

Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Mogens Kjaer

On 02/25/2012 08:47 AM, Mustafa Zargar wrote:

> Hi geeks,
>
> i am stuck in a situation and cant login. I am using elastix for my office
> and i have installed it only a few days back... i updated yum but now when i
> try to login, it throws me out immediately to login prompt again.
> any help please?

Can you log in as another user?

You can switch to a text console with ctrl-alt-F2, log in as root and
see what's logged in /var/log/messages and in
/home/your-user-name/.xsession-errors

Switch back to X with ctrl-alt-F1

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk

Old 02-25-2012, 11:56 AM
"Mustafa Zargar"

Hi Mogens,

I tried with other users but same issue. Users get logged in but immediate
log out pisses me off
I tried to boot from centos DVD and chose rescue mode to find any log file
in /var directory but to no success

Regards,
Mustafa Zargar
CTO
Almuqeet technologies
+91 9622404445

Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Mark LaPierre

On 02/25/2012 07:52 AM, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> On 02/25/2012 08:47 AM, Mustafa Zargar wrote:
>>

>> Hi geeks,
>>
>> i am stuck in a situation and cant login. I am using elastix for my office
>> and i have installed it only a few days back... i updated yum but now when i
>> try to login, it throws me out immediately to login prompt again.
>> any help please?
>
> Can you log in as another user?
>
> You can switch to a text console with ctrl-alt-F2, log in as root and
> see what's logged in /var/log/messages and in
> /home/your-user-name/.xsession-errors
>
> Switch back to X with ctrl-alt-F1
>
> Mogens

To switch back to X use ctrl-alt-F7.

--
_
/(_)

Old 02-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Mogens Kjaer

On 02/25/2012 11:30 PM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> To switch back to X use ctrl-alt-F7.

Strange; on my laptop it's ctrl-alt-F1, on my desktop
it's ctrl-alt-F7. Both CentOS 6.

Maybe it's the nvidia drivers on the laptop?

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk

Old 02-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Mogens Kjaer

On 02/25/2012 01:56 PM, Mustafa Zargar wrote:
> I tried to boot from centos DVD and chose rescue mode to find any log file
> in /var directory but to no success

If you don't have any log files in /var/log there must be something
completely wrong with your system. Is the file system full?

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, mk@lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk