Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Lamar Owen

Default How to setup a computer using CentOS6 as a firewall for the whole network in my place?

On Thursday, February 23, 2012 07:37:08 PM Miguel Medalha wrote:
> "I use Linux servers and a pfsense firewall to protect the network.
> Works like a charm, with amazing stability and reliability."

pfsense for a newbie?

A CentOS-like firewall would be ClearOS (formerly Clarkconnect) and again would reduce the number of simultaneously-learned layers to wade through. While it works very well, it is yet another layer and difference to learn, and when learning is is really good to not overload the number of layers to learn at once. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Since I have done cisco IOS stuff for a decade and a half, now, I'd recommend Vyatta over pfsense, but, there again, it is yet another, different, layer to learn that *will* overwhelm a newbie.