Old 02-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Steve Brooks

Default e2fsprogs 1.42 EXT4 > 16TB RAID

Hi All,

I was thinking of using ext4 on a new raid system of 20TB. I had read the
article (halfway done the page) titled "Linux File System Fsck Testing --
The Results Are In"

https://www.ultimateeditionoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26180

They used CentOS 5.7 (2.6.18-274 kernel) and they state

"The stock configuration was used throughput the testing except for one
component. The e2fsprogs package was upgraded to version 1.42, enabling
ext4 file systems larger than 16TB to be created."

I have looked for an "el6" version of "e2fsprogs 1.42" with no joy. Any
ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Steve