Old 02-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Yves Bellefeuille

Default smartd and smartctl

On Friday 17 February 2012, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> SMART Self-test log structure revision number 1
> Num Test_Description Status Remaining
> LifeTime(hours) LBA
> _of_first_error
> # 1 Extended offline Completed without error 00% 2536
> -
> # 2 Short offline Completed without error 00% 2529
> -
>
> So I'm befuddled why it won't tell me anything about this pending
> error.

I've had a hard drive with *many* bad sectors, and still smartctl
reported "Completed without error". I believe this means that there are
still spare sectors available.

I suggest "badblocks -n", as I said in another message. This may also
detect more bad sectors. What does "5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct" say?

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan@storm.ca>
"La Esperanta Civito ne rifuzas anticipe la kunlaboron de erarintoj, se