Old 02-15-2012, 04:42 PM
Mail Lists

Default ViSpan

On 02/15/2012 12:25 PM, Steve Campbell wrote:
> I was looking for the old Vispan stuff, and it seems to have disappeared
> from the web. Now I realize it was old, but it did provide some details
> that I liked on my old servers. I've got mailscanner-mrtg running, but
> that only provides a view of what mailscanner sees.
>
> Does anyone know of a good replacement for vispan that might give
> complete stats on what the mail server is doing instead of just what
> MailScanner is doing?
>
> thanks
> steve campbell

It is still available here.

http://www.while.org.uk/index.php/vispan.html

--
Brian ----- Get the latest Fremont, OH Weather
http://www.Fremont-OH-Weather.com

Old 02-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Steve Campbell

The link seems broken, I had tried this earlier.

Thanks steve

Old 02-15-2012, 05:08 PM
"John R. Dennison"

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:58:56PM -0500, Steve Campbell wrote:
> The link seems broken, I had tried this earlier.

Please don't top-post.

The link is fine now as I was just there.

Another alternative is mailgraph, which EPEL packages. Mailgraph graphs
various metrics for postfix and sendmail installations.

John
--
"Whenever two people meet, there are really six people present. There is each
man as he sees himself, each man as the other person sees him, and each man

-- William James

Old 02-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Mail Lists

On 02/15/2012 12:58 PM, Steve Campbell wrote:
> The link seems broken, I had tried this earlier.
>
> Thanks steve
>
> On 2/15/2012 12:42 PM, Mail Lists wrote:
>> It is still available here.
>>
>> http://www.while.org.uk/index.php/vispan.html

Follow this link.. it is listed on the left hand side as downloads.

http://www.while.org.uk/index.php/downloads/cat_view/6-current-software.html

Old 02-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Patrick Lists

On 15-02-12 19:08, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:58:56PM -0500, Steve Campbell wrote:
>> The link seems broken, I had tried this earlier.
>
> Please don't top-post.
>
> The link is fine now as I was just there.
>
> Another alternative is mailgraph, which EPEL packages. Mailgraph graphs
> various metrics for postfix and sendmail installations.

Last time I looked mailgraph caused SELinux AVCs and the bugreport seems
to be gathering dust.

Regards,
Patrick

Old 02-15-2012, 06:00 PM
"John R. Dennison"

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 07:54:57PM +0100, Patrick Lists wrote:

> Last time I looked mailgraph caused SELinux AVCs and the bugreport seems
> to be gathering dust.

There is an adjunct mailgraph-selinux package in epel as well, whether
this will address that concern or not is unknown by me.

John

--
I've learned a lot of lessons from this whole experience, and perhaps,
maybe, the biggest lesson I learned is that I talk too much.

-- Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich on choosing not to testify
at his political corruption trial, 25 July 2010

Old 02-15-2012, 06:04 PM
Patrick Lists

On 15-02-12 20:00, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 07:54:57PM +0100, Patrick Lists wrote:
>>
>> Last time I looked mailgraph caused SELinux AVCs and the bugreport seems
>> to be gathering dust.
>
> There is an adjunct mailgraph-selinux package in epel as well, whether
> this will address that concern or not is unknown by me.

Good one. I forgot to mention that mailgraph-selinux was installed too.
This was on CentOS 6.2 and the version I tried was 1.14-8:

Patrick

Old 02-23-2012, 03:54 PM
Scott Silva

on 2/15/2012 9:25 AM Steve Campbell spake the following: